Wards Creek Elementary School Hours
Buses arrive between 8:00-8:20 am Parents can drop off between 8:00-8:20 am Class begins at 8:25 am School dismissal is at 2:45 pm ***Reminder school dismisses 1 hour early every Wednesday***
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year is open.
How to Enroll Your Child in School
If you have a child that needs to be enrolled at Wards Creek, please fill out the ‘Register My Student for School’ Form (top right sidebar). Once completed, please send notification by emailing Tammy.S[email protected]. You will then be contacted to set up an appointment to verify your child’s registration documentation.
Sending in documentation – Fax – (904) 547 8735 Scan – [email protected]
- Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Voluntary Pre-K: A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following: a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school. b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school. c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
- Online Registration Form
- Mortgage Statement (dated within 30 days), Deed or Lease with the names of everyone living in the household listed on the lease (dated within 30 days)
- Utility Bill dated within 30 days (for new services, an activation notice may be accepted)
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License or ID Card
- One Additional Document showing your address from the list below:
- bank statement
- cell phone statement
- credit card statement
- homeowner’s insurance policy
- medical insurance statement
- paycheck stub
- property tax record
- vehicle registration
- one additional current utility bill dated within 30 days (for new services, an activation notice may be accepted)
- Birth Certificate
- Physical (dated within 1 year of enrollment date)
- Immunizations (on the Florida Immunization Form)
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Academic Records (for students previously enrolled in another school)
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcripts or grades
- Most recent test scores (mandatory prior to registration for Honors or Dual Enrollment classes)
Attendance Notes If your child is absent from school please submit a Digital Absentee Note to the front office within forty-eight (48) hours of their return to school stating the cause of the absence. Or the Printable Absentee Form can be sent in with your child within the same time frame. Also, please send your child’s teacher an email as well, so they are aware of your child’s absence and/or appointment. For additional information regarding our attendance policies, please visit: SJCSD Attendance Policies
Transportation Changes To change the way your child goes home please submit a Transportation Change to our front office and email your child’s teacher. Please note that if you need to pick up your child early the latest you can do so is at 2:00 pm (1:00 pm on Wednesdays). ***Schools do not have permission to change student’s bus assignments. The SJCSD Transportation Department has to process your requests. Please submit a Provisional Transportation Waiver if necessary.***
- To withdraw your child please complete and submit the Withdrawal Form.
- To change your phone number or email address please complete the Change of Personal Information Form
- To change your child’s in zone home address please complete the Change of Address Form and provide 3 acceptable proofs of residence for your child. Please note that if your child requires a new bus due to this change, they will not be allowed to ride a different bus until we receive all necessary documentation and the transportation department issues the new bus assignment.
If you have any additional questions, I will be happy to answer them!
Please email me at: