At WCES we ensure Achievement, Learning, and Leadership for ALL.
To build and sustain a culture that provides a safe environment where all stake holders collaborate to ensure growth and achievement for all.
Building a Legacy of Leadership
Brick by Brick
Wards Creek Elementary is building a legacy of leadership and we want you to be a part of our ongoing history! We are offering commemorative bricks on our Legacy Walkway in front of our school building. Buy one to honor your current or former student, your family, a great teacher, a community member, alumni, your business or civic organization, or just to support our school. We want all friends and family to be included, so please spread the word!
School Supply Lists are available below in our Featured Links section or on the Registration Page.
Please contact Bill Beringer if interested in partnering with WCES
Email – [email protected]
Find all relevant and need to know information in our Wards Creek Brochure (linked above) – Contains Information about the follow:
School Hours and Contact Numbers
Schedule & Events
- Interims Issued on September 30, 2020
- Spirit Day- Dress in your favorite animal shirt on October 2, 2020
- National Custodial Workers’ Recognition Day on October 2, 2020
- PTO Krispy Kreme Pick up 4-5:30 on October 2, 2020
- Spirit Day-Wear spooky colors R.L. Stine Birthday on October 9, 2020
- PTO Virtual Bingo Night on October 15, 2020
- SpiritDay-Wear a necktie for International necktie day on October 16, 2020
- Arrival – 8:00 am
- Classes Begin – 8:25 am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45 pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45 pm – Wed
WCES Book Fair
The WCES Book Fair starts this Friday, 9/18! The Book Fair link and code will be available soon. Families can shop online 24/7 Friday, 9/18 – Friday, 9/25 and then all books will be delivered to the school and handed out to the students. Please check out our Wards Creek Book Fair Flyer.
Our Core Values
We believe that:
The Character Counts Pillars of Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship are essential qualities to model and instill in our students.
All individuals are valuable and can make meaningful contributions.
A caring and compassionate learning environment will support the needs of the whole child and inspire all to reach their full potential.
Leaders are life-long learners
- Student Code of Conduct 2020-2021
- Student Code of Conduct Letter 2020-21
- Parent Handbook 2020-21
- PBS Handbook 2020-21
- Equity Flyer 2019-20
- Florida Standards Resource for Parent
- Observation Policy
- Service Animal Policy
- Shared Parental Responsibility Policy
- SPAR Report
- HS Volunteer Form
- Economic Security Report 2020-21
- Class Size Letter 2020-21
- School Safety Letter 2020-21
- Sheriff Shoar Letter 2020-21
- Elementary Choice Notification 2020-21
- Census Information 2020-21
- Parent Letter for Disability Awareness
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Wards Creek Elementary, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
School District News
Distance Learning for Elementary Students
Additional Videos & Presentations
- SJCSD Reopening Plan
- Instructional Models 2020-2021 Presentation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Presentation
- Quarantine & Contract Tracing Interview
ESE Parent Advisory Meetings
"Accessing Our Community's Social Services & Supports for Children and Families in 2020/2021" on Oct. 6
On October 6th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, the ESE Parent Advisory will welcome the St. Johns Behavioral Health Consortium for a virtual discussion titled "Accessing Our Community's Social Services & Supports for Children and Families in 2020/2021." Join the meeting online via WebEx or join via phone by dialing 1-844-992-4726 and then entering the access code: 120 255 4726.