At WCES we ensure Achievement, Learning, and Leadership for ALL.
To build and sustain a culture that provides a safe environment where all stake holders collaborate to ensure growth and achievement for all.
Building a Legacy of Leadership
Brick by Brick
Wards Creek Elementary is building a legacy of leadership and we want you to be a part of our ongoing history! We are offering commemorative bricks on our Legacy Walkway in front of our school building. Buy one to honor your current or former student, your family, a great teacher, a community member, alumni, your business or civic organization, or just to support our school. We want all friends and family to be included, so please spread the word!
School Supply Lists are available below in our Featured Links section or on the Registration Page.
Please contact Michael Taylor if interested in partnering with WCES
Email – [email protected]
Our 2021-22 VPK program is full. You can join our waitlist on the VPK page. However, please note that we do not anticipate any openings.
Find all relevant and need to know information in our Wards Creek Brochure (linked above) – Contains Information about the follow:
School Hours and Contact Numbers
Schedule & Events
- Optional Teacher Planning Day on August 6, 2021
- Teacher pre-planning to include 7.5 hours of teacher inservice on August 9, 2021
- Students Report to Class on August 16, 2021
- Labor Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on September 6, 2021
- Interims Issued on September 14, 2021
- First Quarter Ends on October 15, 2021
- Teacher Planning Day – Student Holiday on October 18, 2021
- Arrival – 8:00 am
- Classes Begin – 8:25 am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45 pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45 pm – Wed
- 12:55 pm – Wed (10/14-12/16)
Our Core Values
We believe that:
The Character Counts Pillars of Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship are essential qualities to model and instill in our students.
All individuals are valuable and can make meaningful contributions.
A caring and compassionate learning environment will support the needs of the whole child and inspire all to reach their full potential.
Leaders are life-long learners
- Student Code of Conduct 2020-2021
- Student Code of Conduct Letter 2020-21
- Parent Handbook 2020-21
- PBS Handbook 2020-21
- Equity Flyer 2019-20
- Florida Standards Resource for Parent
- Observation Policy
- Service Animal Policy
- Shared Parental Responsibility Policy
- SPAR Report
- HS Volunteer Form
- Economic Security Report 2020-21
- Class Size Letter 2020-21
- School Safety Letter 2020-21
- Sheriff Shoar Letter 2020-21
- Elementary Choice Notification 2020-21
- Census Information 2020-21
- Parent Letter for Disability Awareness
- Spring Testing Window 2020-21
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Wards Creek Elementary, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
School District News
B.E.S.T. Standards Presentation
The purpose of the video is to provide parents and community members with information about the new B.E.S.T. Standards for English Language Arts and math. The video also explains the timeline for the implementation of the new standards.