At WCES we ensure Achievement, Learning, and Leadership for ALL.
To build and sustain a culture that provides a safe environment where all stake holders collaborate to ensure growth and achievement for all.
Building a Legacy of Leadership
Brick by Brick
Wards Creek Elementary is building a legacy of leadership and we want you to be a part of our ongoing history! We are offering commemorative bricks on our Legacy Walkway in front of our school building. Buy one to honor your current or former student, your family, a great teacher, a community member, alumni, your business or civic organization, or just to support our school. We want all friends and family to be included, so please spread the word!
Please contact Bill Beringer if interested in partnering with WCES
Email – [email protected]
Schedule & Events
- Art Leaders on February 27, 2020 2:45 pm
- SAC Meeting on February 27, 2020 3:30 pm
- Spirit Day – Dress like Superman (or your favorite superhero) for Superman’s Birthday on February 28, 2020
- Odyssey on February 29, 2020
- Art Leaders on March 5, 2020 2:45 pm
- Third Quarter Ends on March 12, 2020
- Art Leaders on March 12, 2020 2:45 pm
- Arrival – 8:00 am
- Classes Begin – 8:25 am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45 pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45 pm – Wed
- Equity Flyer 2019-2020
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Free and Reduced Meal Application
- Florida Standards Resource for Parent
- HS Volunteer Form
- Observation Policy
- Parent Handbook 2019-2020
- Parent MTSS Guide
- PBS Handbook 2019-20
- School Improvement Plan 2018-19
- Service Animal Policy
- Shared Parental Responsibility Policy
- SPAR Report
- Student Code of Conduct 2019-2020
- WCES Website Tour Video!
- Year at a Glance Documents
Our Core Values
We believe that:
The Character Counts Pillars of Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship are essential qualities to model and instill in our students.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People are the foundation for developing leaders.
All individuals are valuable and can make meaningful contributions.
A caring and compassionate learning environment will support the needs of the whole child and inspire all to reach their full potential.
Leaders are life-long learners.
The Seven Habits of Healthy Kids
- Be Proactive – I am in charge!
- Begin with the end in mind–Have a plan!
- Put first things first–Work first, then play!
- Think win/win –There’s plenty for all!
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood – Listen before you speak!
- Synergize – Together is better!
- Sharpen the saw – Balance feels best!
- Find your voice, and inspire others to find theirs – I’m on a mission!
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd.
District-wide registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd. Starting on that date, you will be able to click the Register My Child For School button on our school website to complete an online registration form for your child.
Beginning the week of March 23, parents/guardians of all current students will receive an email from PowerSchool to complete the annual Returning Student Verification Form for the upcoming school year. The email will contain the link and instructions needed to complete the verification.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Wards Creek Elementary, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.