At WCES we ensure Achievement, Learning, and Leadership for ALL.
To build and sustain a culture that provides a safe environment where all stake holders collaborate to ensure growth and achievement for all.
Building a Legacy of Leadership
Brick by Brick
Wards Creek Elementary is building a legacy of leadership and we want you to be a part of our ongoing history! We are offering commemorative bricks on our Legacy Walkway in front of our school building. Buy one to honor your current or former student, your family, a great teacher, a community member, alumni, your business or civic organization, or just to support our school. We want all friends and family to be included, so please spread the word!
Schedule & Events
- Art Leaders on December 12, 2019 2:45 pm
- Spirit Day – PJ Day on December 13, 2019
- Art Leaders on December 19, 2019 2:45 pm
- Second Quarter / First Semester Ends on December 20, 2019
- Spirit Day – Grinch Day (Wear Green) on December 20, 2019
- Winter Break – Student / Teacher Holiday on December 23, 2019
- Art Leaders on December 26, 2019 2:45 pm
- Arrival – 8:00 am
- Classes Begin – 8:25 am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45 pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45 pm – Wed
Our Core Values
We believe that:
The Character Counts Pillars of Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship are essential qualities to model and instill in our students.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People are the foundation for developing leaders.
All individuals are valuable and can make meaningful contributions.
A caring and compassionate learning environment will support the needs of the whole child and inspire all to reach their full potential.
Leaders are life-long learners.
The Seven Habits of Healthy Kids
- Be Proactive – I am in charge!
- Begin with the end in mind–Have a plan!
- Put first things first–Work first, then play!
- Think win/win –There’s plenty for all!
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood – Listen before you speak!
- Synergize – Together is better!
- Sharpen the saw – Balance feels best!
- Find your voice, and inspire others to find theirs – I’m on a mission!
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Wards Creek Elementary, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.