To The Clinic at
Wards Creek Elementary
Contact Information: Michelle Lee, RN – School Nurse
Clinic: (904) 547-8738 Fax: (904) 547-8755
Email: [email protected]
Welcome Back Students and Parents!
The clinic provides a vital service for our students at WCE. I always extend an open door policy for students, parents, teachers, and staff. I also realize that when a student is in the clinic, they are missing valuable classroom time. If I feel that a child is “visiting” the clinic more often than needed, I will speak to the teacher and/or the parent. I want your kids to make the best of their classroom time.
Medication Administration: It is against St Johns County policy for the school clinic to keep any stock medications. All medications that need to be administered during school hours must have a Medication Authorization on file BEFORE the medication can be brought to school. This includes all prescription and over the counter medications, up to and including Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Benadryl cream or any topical cream, ear drops, eye drops, Chapstick, and cough drops. Local physicians are aware of the St Johns County Medication policy and will sign these requested forms. If you have any trouble or questions, please just call me or stop by and I will assist you in getting a signed authorization.
The Medication Authorization Form can be found below in the INFORMATION section of this page. One form is required for each medication.
- Illness Policy
- Download the Medication Authorization Form **Medication forms must be submitted EVERY school year and/or if any changes are made to the type of medication or dosage.**
- Download the Authorization for food substitution form **Food substitution forms must be submitted every year with a doctor’s signature.
If your child has asthma and/or allergies please fill these forms out and return them to the clinic.
Click here for an information sheet on Nutrition and Physical Activity needs of Elementary age children.
Parents: I am always in need of these items throughout the year. Anything you can provide is greatly appreciated!
- Miniature water bottles
- 4oz. Juice boxes, apple juice preferred
- Animal Crackers, goldfish or mild snacks of any kind
- Clorox wipes
- Alcohol Prep Pads
- High quality sandwich size ziplock bags
- Boy or girl pants/shorts with elastic waists if possible and underwear sizes 5-8 & 10-12 are much needed in the clinic. If you are cleaning out your child’s drawer and need a place to donate, please send it to the clinic. At this time, I am not accepting donations. However we do have a clothes closet maintained in the school for students in need that we can accept donations of gently used girls and boys clothing.
St. Johns County School District is in need of (paid) substitute school nurses, If you are an RN/LPN and are interested in substituting in the St. Johns County School System, please contact Melissa Petty, RN for more information at (904) 547-7628